APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled.
VP of Finance and Operations
The Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) Foundation Accountant is a full-time, exempt position in support of the Vice President (VP) of Finance and Operations. This position will work from the LANL Foundation office in Española to assist the Finance Department. The LANL Foundation works on a hybrid work schedule with some ability to work from home or our Santa Fe satellite office.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Accounts Receivables (AR) and Investments Responsibilities:
- Accurately record all AR Financial transactions into the QuickBooks accounting system.
- Maintain detailed records of pledges and donations in donor database.
- Responsible for the timely preparation of donor acknowledgements and annual tax letters.
- Responsible for recording investments activity and assist with the monthly close of the activities.
- Review invoices for purchases and other requests for payments; obtaining appropriate approvals from program overseers along with appropriate account coding.
- Process approved payables via QuickBooks; obtain check signatures; and oversee document retention.
- Monitor cash balances while providing for the normal cash flow needs of the Foundation.
- Work closely with each Foundation team to understand the timing of large numbers of checks to be written and ensuring they are approved and sent in a timely manner.
- Produce expense reporting and grant budgets as requested by granting entities and program overseers.
- Work closely with staff members that have Foundation credit cards to ensure access, obtain approvals, record activity in QuickBooks, reconcile monthly statements, and retain documentation.
- Assist programs with financial reports and analysis to meet deadlines for board meetings, program reports, and budget meetings.
- Familiarization with bi-weekly payroll process to provide backup for HR/Accounting Associate. Assist in converting to automated accounting and credit card systems.
- Cross train with other Accounting team members and assists team members as needed.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- BA/BS Accounting degree required, with a minimum of 1-3 years experience in a fast-paced organization.
- Experience with non-profit organizations and with planning and coordinating education/training opportunities is preferred.
- Strong experience in using QuickBooks Desktop is required.
- Experience in setting priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, solid computer skills, expert in Microsoft Office suite, and Zoom Meeting experience.
- Demonstrated skill in composing and proofing materials; attention to detail is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to communicate and work across multi-cultural settings and with a wide range of constituencies, including demonstrated leadership capability.
- Strong work ethic.
- Sense of humor.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Compensation will be determined based on experience level.
- Generous benefits packet includes health, dental, vision, disability, 401k, and life insurances, vacation, paid holidays and sick leave. Other benefits include working in an office friendly and team-oriented environment while having positive impact on the lives of people living in Northern NM and the Pueblos. The LANL Foundation was selected as one of the Best Places to Work in NM for 2022 and recently selected as a recipient of the Family Friendly Business Award at the highest level of recognition, Platinum.
To Apply: E-mail a resume and Letter of Interest to firstname.lastname@example.org, including “Accountant” in the subject line.