LANL Foundation is hiring a family support Pueblo Outreach Coordinator.
Children’s experiences during their first few years of life critically impact how their brains develop and how they will interact with the world. These impacts are most pronounced during the initial three years of life. That is why LANL Foundation supports early education programs designed to empower parents and caregivers to be their child’s first and best teachers.
Importance of Home Visiting
Culturally responsive, quality home visiting has proven to be an effective service delivery model that strengthens families, children, and communities, leading to self-sufficiency, lower health costs, and school readiness.
A healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby are not only critical to the immediate well-being of mother and child, but are also integral to the long-term health and success of the family and community.
Successful home visiting programs integrate the following:
- Community: incorporation of local priorities through active community involvement, understanding, and collaboration lead to a partnership that aligns resources with a strong network and referral system. (understanding of community resources).
- Medical Support: integrated medical community relationships and referrals as well as up-to date-information (positive health outcomes).
- Qualified Staff: rigorous staffing requirements, culturally sensitive home visitors, high-quality reflective supervision, strong administrative support, and ongoing training and professional development.
- Exceptional Resources: curricula and supporting materials tailored to an individual family’s needs and learning style.
- Program Structure: clearly articulated theory, implementation protocols, culturally appropriate components, program model fidelity, and high retention rates (research-based).
- Ongoing Evaluation: consistent data collection, analysis, and measurement of impacts to ensure quality of service.
- Spirit of Collaboration: shared best practices.
- Family-centered Practice: program alignment with family needs, identifying and tailoring goals to meet immediate and future desired outcomes (builds family capacity).