The Northern New Mexico Tribal Business Scholarship was created to keep up with the growing need for qualified accountants, financial analysts, and business information system professionals within Tribal communities.
Los Alamos National Security, LLC and Los Alamos National Laboratory are strongly committed to supporting and advancing education opportunities for Tribal students from our 16 neighboring Tribal communities and will award scholarships worth $1,500. (Applicants can re-apply yearly if they remain in good academic standing while making progress toward completion of their degree.)
Scholarships are administered by the LANL Foundation, and a Tribal / Laboratory Advisory Committee determines the mission and goals of the program and serves as the Selection Committee.
Eligibility & Criteria
Students will be selected to receive awards based on the following:
- Must be a member of a Pueblo or Tribe and/or reside within the seven Northern New Mexico counties (Los Alamos, Mora, Rio Arriba, San Miguel, Sandoval, Santa Fe, and Taos)
- Must have a 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale) or higher cumulative grade point average
- Undergraduate students with sophomore, junior, or senior status, enrolled full-time and majoring in accounting, business administration, finance, or management information systems (MIS) degree programs, or related fields at an accredited post-secondary educational institution
- Application Instructions
- Deadlines & Calendar
- PDF Application
- Tribal Business Scholarship Summary Handout
- Tribal Business Scholarship Checklist Flyer
Applications will be available April 2019
Application deadline is June 2019