Photo: Students build solar powered cars at the Taos Twirl 2017 Invent Event STEM Fair, sponsored by a LANL Foundation Community Grant.
The LANL Foundation supports the work of schools, nonprofits and community programs in Northern New Mexico through grants funding. Applications are now being accepted from public school districts, nonprofit New Mexico educational institutions, IRS-qualified 501(c)(3) organizations, government agencies, and Pueblo/Tribal communities for grants of up to $2500.
Deadlines for two funding cycles in 2018 are February 15 and August 15. Award notification and funding will be received within one month of each deadline. Grantees have one full year to spend the money and submit a final report to the LANL Foundation.
There are two types of grants for which an organization, school or program may be eligible. Education Outreach Grants directly support public school children in grades K–12. Community Outreach Grants meet the Foundation’s mission and vision of innovative programming, collaboration and advocacy for lifelong learning but need not be tied directly to K–12 public education. Early childhood and adult learning programs and some community events fall within this category of community funding.
To qualify for either grant category, programs must serve one or more of the seven Northern New Mexico counties: Los Alamos, Mora, Rio Arriba, San Miguel, Sandoval, Santa Fe, or Taos.
The number of Education Outreach Grants available to each public school district in the LANL Foundation’s service area is based on the size of the district as follows:
- Mora County Districts: Mora 2 and Wagon Mound 2 grants
- Rio Arriba County Districts: Chama 2, Dulce 2, Española 3, Jemez Mountain 2 and Mesa Vista 2 grants
- San Miguel County Districts: Las Vegas 3 and Pecos 2 grants
- Sandoval County Districts: Bernalillo 3, Cuba 2, Jemez Valley 2 and Rio Rancho 4 grants
- Santa Fe County Districts: Pojoaque 3 and Santa Fe 4 grants
- Taos County Districts: Peñasco 2, Questa 2 and Taos 3 grants
- Los Alamos District: 3 grants
Application form and instructions may be found at www.lanlfoundation.org/grants.
For more information, contact LANL Foundation grants coordinator Susanne Miller at 505-753-8890, ext 118 or firstname.lastname@example.org.