LANL Foundation is a small, regional nonprofit grounded in the communities of Northern New Mexico, with a focus on education and life-long learning through innovative programming, collaboration, and advocacy. Employment opportunities are posted here as they become available.
LANL Foundation Inquiry Science Education Consortium (ISEC) seeks a full-time Materials Specialist to work at the Science Resource Center (SRC) in Chimayó, NM, reporting to the SRC Coordinator. This is a full-time job, 40 hours per week, with an excellent benefits package. Compensation is $13–$15 per hour. Candidates will be subject to background checks. Applications accepted until position is filled, immediate start date. EOE
- Receives, process (refurbish), circulate and re-shelve science kits and materials in resource center.
- Maintains science kits (e.g. cleans dirty materials, replenish used materials, reports missing materials, label new kits, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability for use at school sites and rotating materials as required.
- Gathers necessary supplies, materials and printed matter.
- Verifies materials against packing list.
- Ensures inclusion of all required items.
- Follows refurbishment directions carefully and thoroughly.
- Organize and maintain science kit materials. Count and prepare pre-packed sets of items for inclusion in educational materials kits.
- Inventory equipment and materials for the purpose of documenting losses and/or maintaining availability of materials.
- Receive and process all deliveries of warehouse materials (e.g. completing all paperwork, verifies packing slips, etc.).
- Operate a variety of office and warehouse equipment including a copier, laminator, computer, pallet stacker, pallet jacks, dollies and assigned software.
- Maintains cleanliness of Science Resource Center. Perform warehouse and refurbishment room clean-up, including counter cleaning, sweeping, mopping, breaking down cardboard, trash removal, etc.
- Perform a variety of clerical duties including answering telephones, taking messages and duplicating materials.
- Attend a variety of in-service trainings and meetings.
- Assist with trainings, conferences and institutes as needed; moving boxes, making copies, helping with registration, assisting teachers/trainers, errand running, etc.
- This position may require working some weekends and/or evenings but time will be compensated.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures and equipment; telephone techniques and etiquette; oral and written communication skills; operation of a computer and software (MSOffice).
- Knowledge to perform basic math; understand complex, multi-step written and oral instructions.
- Learn and practice LANL Foundation policies/procedures and warehouse safety procedures.
- Refurbish science kits quickly and accurately. It is expected that the employee meet a 1 kit/hour average refurbishment rate.
- Must possess a valid New Mexico driver’s license
- Employee regularly works in an indoor and outdoor warehouse environment some times in hot/cold weather.
- The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands: occasional lifting of 75lbs and frequent lifting of 30lbs or more. Any item weighing more than the maximum lift requirement will be moved in a two person lift or with the use of a pallet jack/stacker.
- Generally the job requires 25% sitting, 15% walking and 60% standing.
Send letter of interest and résumé to email@example.com or mail to:
Science Resource Center, Attn: Bryan Maestas: County Road 103, Bldg. 2, Chimayo, NM 87522.