a Pledge and Join Us in Supporting Excellence in Education |
Students in Northern New Mexico have big dreams for meaningful careers. However, many do not have the money to fund higher learning to make these dreams a reality. We ask for your support in
providing financial assistance to these deserving high school and college students seeking undergraduate degrees and adults looking for new opportunities through a two-year degree or certification. Whether you choose to make a one-time donation or commit
to a longer-term pledge, your generosity will help a student from your community build a fulfilling career and a bright future.
Donations are accepted year-round. » Click here to give.
See below for more information and to make a donation, or contact Tony Fox at (505) 753-8890 ext 116.
The 2015 campaign funded and impressive 95 scholarships totaling $566,75 in 2016!
All scholarship funds are invested with the University of California, whose
returns have consistently ranked among the highest performance rates in the country. The LAESF campaign has several giving options. Click on each to view a description:
• Los Alamos Employees’ General Scholarship
Alamos Employees’ Endowed Scholarship
• John & Marti Browne Endowed Leadership Scholarship
• Regional College/Returning Student Scholarship Fund
• Senator Pete Domenici Endowed Scholarship Fund
• Northern New Mexico Tribal Business Scholarship Fund
• Susan Herrera Scholarship Fund
• Bret Knapp Memorial Scholarship Fund
• LANL Retirees’ Scholarship Fund
• Where funds are most needed
How Can I Contribute?
You may support excellence in education through the Los Alamos Employees’ Scholarship Fund in one of the following ways:
· General donations may be made through our secure online form or by filling out a general donation form (PDF) and sending a check to the LANL Foundation.
· LANL employees may only make pledges through the online Oracle payroll deduction system (no hard-copy forms) in order to receive the LANS match.
· LANL Affiliates/Guest Scientists and Craft employees can download separate hard-copy forms, which must be used in order to receive the LANS match.
Please note that LANL employee payroll deductions are not automatically renewed from year to year.
The LANL Foundation administers the scholarship fund and ensures that all donor contributions go directly to student awards. All contributions are tax deductible.
The LANS match is subject to an 11% administrative fee.
Planned or Memorial Gifts
The LANL Foundation accepts planned or memorial
gifts dedicated to the scholarship fund. Donors
scholarships in perpetuity through the following
• $30,000 provides a $1,000 scholarship in perpetuity
• $50,000 provides a $2,500 scholarship in perpetuity
• $100,000 provides a $5,000 scholarship in perpetuity
LAESF once again broke fundraising records during the 2016 annual giving campaign! An impressing total of $643,029.28 was raised. Of that amount, $393,029.28, was contributed by 1,339 LANL employees, contractors and visiting scientists. Los Alamos National Security, LLC (LANS) provided a generous $250,000 match of employee donations. And additional $15,560 was contributed by donors outside the Laboratory.
“Thank you to the loyal repeat supporters and to the new donors who together lifted our participation level to record heights,” Girrens said. “The generosity of LANL employees and LANS continues to create scholarships for local students, investing in Northern New Mexico and the future Laboratory workforce.”